The sheriff’s office has the responsibility of serving and executing court-issued documents throughout the county. Among the most common documents served are summons and complaints, and small claim court documents. Evictions, Writ of Executions, Protection Orders and Subpoenas for criminal and civil cases are also processed. We service other legal documents as received from the courts, attorneys and private citizens.
|Civil Process fee
||$20.00 per defendant
|| $0.60/mile, round-trip, per attempt
|$20.00 service fee deposit + $40.00 levy fee deposit + additional mileage fees after execution is completed
- No personal checks accepted. Cash, credit card, or money order are accepted. Business checks are accepted. ***service fee for credit card***
- If requestor is a citizen, a $20.00 deposit must be secured prior to service.
- If requestor is a business, an invoice will be delivered AFTER service is completed. Up-to-date mailing address is required prior to service.
- Execution service requires deposit prior to service.
- A minimum of 3 service attempts will be made before returning to requestor unless specified.
- If service papers are delivered to the civil division via email or fax, there is a $2.00 service charge per page. (No fee for standard mail)
McKenzie County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Civil Division
1201 12th St SE Suite B
Watford City, ND 58854
*** Effective March 2nd, 2020 - service mileage fees will increase to $1.00/mile, round-trip, per attempt***