Thank you for your interest in becoming a member with McKenzie
County Sheriff’s Office!
We are a modern
law enforcement agency utilizing the latest in technology to effectively
investigate, deter and apprehend criminals.
Working in partnership other city, state and federal agencies, we dedicate ourselves around the clock to ensure the safety and security
of the citizens of McKenzie County. We
are committed to promoting individual responsibility and community commitment;
we work together to resolve problems, reduce crime and provide a safe
environment for our residents and visitors.
To be eligible for employment at McKenzie County Sheriff’s
Office, an applicant must:
- Be of excellent moral character
- Have obtained a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a background investigation
- Pass an oral interview board
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Not have any misdemeanor convictions within the last 3 years
- Not have any domestic violence convictions
- Not have any felony convictions
McKenzie County offers an excellent benefit package
- Health insurance with low premiums and no cost to single designated plans
- Health care flexible spending program
- Child care flexible spending
- Life insurance
- Deferred compensation plan options
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
The application process typically includes the following
- Application (online application program)
- Initial background process
- Oral interview board
- Completion of the background questionnaire
- Full background process
- Conditional offer of employment
- Psychological evaluation
- Medical examination
- Offer of employment
If interested in a position, please complete the contact information posted at the bottom of each position description in order to start the application process.
An applicant who is a resident of North Dakota and eligible
to claim veteran’s preference must abide by the Department of Veterans Affairs
guidelines available at ND Department of Veterans Affairs and submit any documentation
with a completed application.
McKenzie County is an equal opportunity employer.